Thursday, June 24, 2010

Long Dark Nights




For me there seems to be nights when it's very dark. The moon is out of view and the stars are shielded by cloud cover. The street lamps may even be burned out and its so quiet not even the crickets are chirping their happy tunes. I drown my pillow with tears feeling as though the night will never come to an end...like there will never again be a sunrise. Sometimes it's all I can do to just survive these nights.

Thankfully all things must come to an end, even the long dark nights. The sun rises on a new day...hopefully one thats better but sadly not guaranteed.

Maybe my latest Long Dark Night was to thrust me head first into beginning to work step two."Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity".




No comments: