Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Step Zero

a.k.a. "The Step Before the Step"

Our EDA group is starting The Twelve Steps over again. Each step is given two weeks for us to learn about and discuss.  The last two weeks have revolved around the step before the twelve steps.  I thought I would share some of the highlights of our discussions.

We came to the general consensus that Step Zero is defined as:

'conceding the existence of our eating disorders, as well as realizing that our real drug is the sense of being in control of something - food, weight, body shape, our deepest emotions, or even other people.'

To truly face the issue that is ruining our lives allows us to start the journey of recovery with sincere effort. In my own life I have found that I had to find sobriety before I could find solace in the steps.

I'm excited to spend time on each step and learn even more from my wonderful friends in our EDA group.

1 comment:

Alaina said...

I'm sad I missed last night! Thanks for posting a little about it.