Wednesday, June 30, 2010

STEP 2

Step 2 reads... Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. We began to believe that we could get better, that there was a fundamental healing power.

Group last night was motivational. We spoke of belief or hope and why its something that's necessary for recovery yet difficult sometimes to cultivate. I myself sometimes have a hard time believing that true lasting recovery is attainable for myself. I have no problem cheering for others, truly believing that they can have that healing but for myself it's a much more challenging thought.

What is this "greater power"? The answer to that question for everyone is different. For most it's likely God or our Savior but like a wise group member pointed out last night, sometimes a "greater power" can be found in others. We might overlook the fact that a greater power could lie in conversion with a friend or neighbor, spouse, parent or therapist.

I've heard many a time in my life that the more you tell yourself something the truer it becomes and I know first hand its true with the overwhelmingly negative garbage ED feeds me daily. So this week I'm hoping with lots of time spent conversing with my greater power, I will truly come to believe that I can be restored to sanity.


P.S. I removed the blog followers on the sidebar in case there are those of you that would like to follow the blog but wish to remain anonymous.

No comments: